Last summer I made a bucket list
of all the things I wanted to do over my summer vacation
and I have to say – I was pretty darn successful!
There were a few here and there that went left unchecked,
but I’ve decided to make this a yearly tradition.
So here comes the second annual summer bucket list!
2013’s Summer Bucket List
1. Go camping at least once a month. This includes May, June, and July. May is included because well, I went camping in April, and we have a trip planned for May. Why not keep the tradition going?
2. Visit the American River as much as possible. This includes floating down the river, running on the bike trail, and just visiting to skip a rock or two. Last summer I didn’t do this nearly enough!!
3. Sew a dress for my rehearsal dinner with Abuela.
4. Wedding crafts/projects galore!
5. Try out trail running! I’ve heard its good for your knees. But I’ve also heard, once you start, you’ll never go back.
6. Sign up for at least one race. I’m dying to race, but I’m trying to return to running slowly. Man is it hard!
7. Read. A ton. Same goal as last summer – try to read one book for every week of summer. 7 total.
8. Take a day road trip all my lonesome. Lake Tahoe, the ocean, who knows! Just looking to be spontaneous.
9. Run, run, run. Last summer I wasn’t able to, so this summer calls for lots of early morning runs in the cool air before the temps reach 95+.
10. Spend time outside as much as possible – Friday Night Concerts, River Cats games, Picnics, Bike Rides, any excuse!
11. Eat ice cream at three of the best parlors in the Sacramento area – Vics, Gunthers, and Snooks. I’ve only had Gunthers before, and as an ice cream lover, I think it’s about time I tried the other two!
12. Make it a baseball summer! I have fond memories of Abuelo spending time watching baseball on a hot summer day for hours and hours and I never understood why. Now, I’m loving the game more than I ever have. Here’s hoping I can catch a few games in person, and if not, cheer from the couch whenever possible. Go Giants!
13. See The Great Gatsby and Man of Steel.
14. Cross at least one thing off my 30 before 30 list. Will this be the summer I finally make an ice cream cake? Who knows!
15. Go shopping for fresh fruit and veggies at a Farmers Market. Sacramento has such great farmers markets and I never take advantage! May this be the summer I bike and shop at these fun events!
16. House hunting! Chris and I are on the hunt for our very first house. Hopefully this summer we’ll find our perfect home!
17. Finally make some homemade salsa. Sadly I won’t be able to use freshly grown tomatoes from my own garden (there’s no room for tomato plants at my apartment) but perhaps when I complete #15 I can use local tomatoes to make some salsa!
18. Watch SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance)! What would my summer Wednesdays and Thursdays be without SYTYCD?! It’s only my favorite show!
Summer is inching closer by the minute.
I think this will serve as enough motivation to get me through
these last few weeks of school.
What’s on your summer bucket list?