This happy little Saturday called for some sewing.
Today’s project – Throw Pillows.
2 18×18 pillows
1 1/2 yd of adorable fabric
and a smidge of patience 🙂
Ready, Set, Go!
1. I started by measuring out a “pattern” for the pillow
by simply plopping the pillow on the fabric.
2. Then I turned the right sides of the fabric together and pinned the edges.
3. Next I made a straight stitch down one side of the fabric.
4. I double checked where I wanted the second straight stitch
by measuring with the pillow inside the fabric.
After pinning it how it fit best, I added another straight stitch.
5. I pinned for the next stitch leaving 4-5 inches of space
for me to stuff the pillow into the case, then made my final machine stitch.
6. Last step! (Here’s where the patience comes in…)
I hand sewed the last few inches together.
Adorably cute throw pillows!